What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Vent AN833 Bulkhead Fitting Spacers

Dan Langhout

Well Known Member
I'm plumbing up the fuel vent lines in the fuselage and the connecting line over to the wing tanks. The drawing on sheet number 36(A) shows two spacers used on the AN833 bulkhead fitting where it goes through the side of the fuselage. I have looked at the drawing until I'm cross eyed, but I can't tell if both spacers are supposed to be on the inside or if there is supposed to be one on the inside and one on the outside. Does anybody know which way it is supposed to be? :confused:

Spacers

I put both mine on the inside in order to provide vent line clearance with the aluminum angle just above it. That's the ony reason I can figure they're needed in the first place. I've seen it done the other way, too. You just have to bend the tube around the aluminum angle. You're right, the drawing in not clear.

Both inside...

For others with the same question, I ended up putting one on either side of the side skins. No issues with the fit. Plus, I've seen a few other planes like that.

But, I will say that if I hadn't sealed and torqued the fittings already, I'd switch both spacers to the inside of the fues. That config makes more sense to me.

Inside

I had the same question and the mothership said that they are both on inside.

I went with rubber grommets and stainless/teflon hoses from TSFlightlines. The lines go from selector to tank in a single run.

Back