What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank

JOEPILOT

I just finished my fuel tank. At the end of section 37, it states to final install the tank. I did a dry run without sealing the goose neck to the turtle deck. It occurs to me that I'll have to remove it again in order to install electronics in the tail section. I do not see a way of removing the tank without removing the goose neck as well. Am I wrong? Any thoughts on this before I glue it in.
Thanks, Joe, 120055. No N number yet.

You can remove it by disconnecting the hose clamps on the hose that couples the tank to the neck.

Life is easier if you remove the filler neck -- more room to maneuver the tank in the cramped confines of the baggage area. You'll likely find that the fuel return tube juts up into the filler neck just enough to interfere. Install the filler neck with nutplates and it is simple to remove.

I had to also remove the tank after putting in the filler tube and it would not allow the tank to move enough to get it out.
I went to NAPA and bought a longer piece of the coupling tube which they said I had to buy it by the foot.
I cut the filler tube shorter by about 1.5 inch so now that will not be a problem again.

Terry

Back