What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FUEL TANK Z BRACKET

flyboy96

Hi guys, got a question about my fuel tank z brackets. I had a tough time riveting my ob and ib brackets and wasn't happy with my shop head quality, after trying a couple of different ways and drilling them out I was oversized enough on some of the holes that it was going to require a 470-5 to work right. Not havin any -5s laying around I used screws and nuts on the middle and outer holes. I can't see why this shouldnt work fine but am wondering what every one else thinks about it. Thanks.

Ted

Z-Brackets

I'm building an 8 but the T-712 brackets are the same...

The T-712 brackets get countersunk rivets to mount the nutplates...think you're referencing the AD470 on the ends to attach the brackets to the baffle and end ribs?

I'd consider doing them over if the rivets are bad, depending on position on the bracket...not a lot of edge distance to work with. Brackets aren't expensive.

Good luck,
Mike

Last edited:
Yep, your right, I am talking about the end brackets. The holes in the brackets were elongated as well as the rib/baffel I would have had to use a
-5 to fill the holes so instead I just used screws and nuts. Should be as strong or stronger than the rivet combo.

Back