What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel tank pick up line material

I can't find the aluminum line for the fuel pick up in my inventory. I've been told that dissimilar metals would cause electrolysis and that the if I use stainless that it would be sacrificial and corrode. I can also find brass and copper flex tube but not any 3/8 flex aluminum.:confused: Aren't the flop tubes stainless?? I can't put the baffle in and close the tank until I get the pick up.

Update 10/15/08 - Thanks to Joe in Phx. I will order the Vans pickup at a later date. I sealed the baffle and can do the leak test when I get the pickup tube. On to finishing the skins and rigging controls.

Last edited:
Hey Dave- You should have the line to make your own pick up tube...I just ordered mine from Van's to save time...they are very nice. Page 69 in the catalog...$15. Installed one of these, and a flop tube in the other tank.

I made mine at first. Then when I opened up the tanks for the SB compliance, I swapped to the Van's pickups. For the reasonable cost of the Vans parts, you might consider that option.

Back