What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank Nose Rib Gap

swixtt

Well Known Member
hi guys,
well i'm getting things drilled on this tank now and am shaping those little t-410 plates on the inside of the ribs, two of them. i've noticed a gap between the nose rib and leading edge of the skin on every one of them. don't think i can get the rib in there any tighter, tank assembly goes together fairly easily now as i've had it apart a couple of times(having to tweak the ribs a bit to get them to fit in there better), baffle is on and drilled. just don't want to shape those plates if i need to work those ribs in further? looking for any other builders that i'm sure have run into this little issue and suggestions.:)

Plates

Pete,

Get the nose ribs to fit as close as you can then forget about it. Then shape the plates to match the nose skin snugly.

Hope that helps.

T.

hey tom, thanks. i did get your pm about the flanges. not sure i want to re-bend them though. just wondering what others had done on it.
i fired an email to the V shop but haven't heard back.
thanks

Ya, Tom is right. Get itclose and forget it. Move onto other things. Some stuff in the build isn't that particular on fit. Maybe i'm just not that fussy but I don't skimp on safety.

Back