What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank Calibration G3X RV-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave S

Well Known Member
Software kicked my butt today trying to calibrate the fuel tanks. Not sure what I did but took 3 attempts to have a saved calibration for my first tank. Not sure how or why the first 2 didn't save. The right tank when smoothly after I duplicated the procedure.

Garmin G3X with resistance fuel senders -stock from Van's.
Referencing section 35.4.32.12.1 G3X Install manual Rev AQ (AU is now current)

I now have 2 properly calibrated fuel gauges for in-flight for an RV-7.

The questions I have;
Can I go back and calibrate the fuel tanks for 'on the ground' with out erasing what I have already accomplished? I seem to recall on my first attempt, that as soon as I touch the 'calibrate' button, everything gets erased?

***yes I was able to go back in to calibrate with out erasing what was already there. Not sure how I managed to erase it all on one of my previous attempts. I calibrated both tanks in flight mode, then both tanks in ground mode.*****

From other threads it appears that I can calibrate both tanks at the same time. Drain 2 gallons from one tank and add it to the other. None of the threads I found describe how to do this, and given that software got the better of me today, if this is possible what steps do I need to take that will allow me to switch back and forth between tanks on the calibration screen and save everything as I go?

***didn't dare try this based on previous experience, but seems like it would be viable. Still not sure if when you add calibration points if it resets everything when you go back in, but seems like it would just mean you have to go back and forth between tanks on the calibration screen****

Edited to include answers I figured out with the help of Garmin support.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back