What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Supply Tubing on 7A

Patiene, detmination and extra tubing

It can be done. I also installed a gascolator in the wing root area so I have 2 extra tubes in there. The trick is doing a little at a time. I would unroll and fish through the tough parts first before cutting to length. Sometimes you can push through more than you need then put fittings and flare then pull back excess then go to the other end and cut of a little more than you need and do the sme with faring etc. I ended up having to buy more to make up for bad bends etc.

Good luck!

I used twice as much as came with the kit befofe I was through. Search
fuel line (advanced search, titles only) for much information.
Larry

I ran mine last weekend straight out from the Andair valve through the gear web to the Fuse wall. I connected to a 90deg bulkhead fitting for the turn at the wing root.

FP02092007A0000T.jpg

FP03092007A0001C.jpg

It is still a work in progress. Should be OK. The original fuel line holes on the brackets next to the fuel valve (forgot the F number) are too close (high) to the valve and had to be enlarged. I could not make the 90 deg turn short enough with fittings. After enlarging the hole, I inserted a grommet with the tubing sleeve to protect against chaffing on the 3/8" line.

I did install grommets in the gear web holes for chaffing protection also.

It does take patience.
-Ron

Last edited:
extra 3/8" tubing

if you get it from spruce, there is a price break at 50' ;)

(yes, i bought 50'. some of my earlier efforts at bending tubing were less than spectacular. heck, let's be honest -- they were pathetic.)

I did it without extra tubing!

I ordered extra tubing from ACS because I read here on VAF where I'd need it. The packaging was ripped when it arrived and it must have fallen out in transit.

Turns out I didn't need it! :D

I finished running the last of the tubing runs on the brakes last night! I have a full stick of the 1/4" stuff left over.

My tubing runs aren't perfect but I believe they are much more than adequate.

I was really worried about the 3/8" fuel runs because I did mess up two or three short runs before I got the hang of it. I ended up with nothing over a few inches long for left overs.

Disclaimer: Don't ask me about the other kit parts that I did have to reorder.

I dropped the bolts out of the landing gear wledments. routed the tubing through them which now allowed some movement, then bolted them back up. I was painful to remove the gear mount bolts, but worth the trouble.

Back