What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel sender question

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
Hello all, I am installing the SW fuel senders in my qb wing. I plan to use pro seal on the cork gasket of the big access plate. My question is should I also proseal the rubber gasket that came with the fuel sender unit?
Thanks for any advice.

A preferred method, is to skip the gaskets altogether. Just use proseal. My gaskets are still hanging on the garage wall, and the tanks have never leaked.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

My suggestion would be to

forget both gaskets and use Proseal only. Search the forums, plenty of info.

Have fun,
David

Vans says no to gaskets

I called Vans this past summer about the gaskets and they say just proseal, no gaskets. apparently the supplier of the fuel sender includes the gasket.

:eek: I installed gaskets two years ago. Was reading something favorable at that time. Something has changed? Anybody flying with gaskets and reporting leaks? Opinions sought.

I've found on several airplanes that the cork gaskets usually start to "seep" after about 5 years, even when pro-seal is used. I used pro-seal only and no leaks after 16 years.

Thank you Sir. I will replace them while wings are still in cradle. I do not want them to start seeping after aircraft is painted :D

Back