What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel return line through side skin.

jcaplins

Well Known Member
I need to drill the 1" holes for the fuel line + grommet that will pass through the F-770 side skin and gear attachment plate. The plans only call for a 1" hole on each side of the fuselage. My engine is fuel injected and so I need a return line to the tanks. What have others done in this situation? just drill a 2nd 1" hole below the first? Is there a better option or place for the second hole?

I will have a return line for each tank. left tank has flop tube, right has regular fuel pickup tube. I do not have any fittings installed or located in the fuel tanks for the return lines yet.

IMG_0240.JPG

Thanks,

Just measure carefully to get it in the right spot!

Here's what I did on my 9A, just what you're talking about.

1000095l.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

So, right now I am going under the assumption that I can drill 1, 2 or 3, 1" holes, no problem, this is normal.
I would also like to think that I don't really need to align them with anything; based on the assumption that I will have to bend tubing (or use flexible hoses) in the wing roots to connect the tank to the fuselage. Would this be a reasonable assumption?

Thanks,

Back