What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel pump operation

turbo

Well Known Member
img1497xx.jpg

does an O-360 fuel pump have the same port, red plug, as the IO-540 in the picture. it is used as a drain to detect fuel or oil leaking from either diaphram. any discussion appreciated. thanks.

Turbo, I have a small tube connected to mine that extends to a point near the bottom of the firewall.

Caution!!!

The fuel pump used for an IO-540 is different then the fuel pump used for an O-360. The output pressures are way different and will not be compatible. The IO pump has a wave ring washer on the bottom and the O pump has no ring washer on the bottom. They look very similar except for the washer on the IO pump.
All of the Lycoming dual diaphragm pumps have that vent and it should have a over board drain line attached to it. It will still vent with no fitting in that port but that port should not be plugged if the pump is in service.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Back