What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pump fitting

blueflyer

Well Known Member
Below is a picture of a fuel pump with a 3 way fitting connected to it. This is where the Dynon fuel sensor ties into the fuel system. The silver line runs up to the firewall where the sensor is located. Can anyone tell me if this is a Weatherhead brass seal fitting? It looks like the Street Tee connection in the second picture. I am trying to make sure if this is a Weatherhead brass seal fitting, that these type fitting are suitable for fuel line installations.

fuelpump-1.jpg

weatherhdbrass.jpg

Transducer

Blueflyer, It looks like the hoses going to the flow transducer are both going uphill, this can allow bubbles to be trapped in the transducer. Check the install manual, most warn against this as it can cause errors in the reading.

picture

I cann't believe the lack of comments on the picture. Gascolator WAY too close to the exhaust, aluminum line from firewall to gascolator, way too much plumbing for a system that SHOULD be very simple. Why use a gascolator at all, just use a filter mounted aft of the firewall.

The flowscan transducer is cast aluminum and I would never trust one to support an end of a fuel line. The red cube, on the other hand, is stout enough to do this.

Back