What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pump bolt / engine mount interference

s24789

Well Known Member
Patron
We placed our engin emount on our -7A last night and it looks like we have an interference with one of the bolts securing the fuel pump to the firewall. Has anyone experienced this and what was the corrective action ? Thanks in advance
phelps:(

I posted the same question and received a lot of good information. Search this thread: 7A QB engine mount question

I ended up just grinding the end of the platenut off, only about 3/32 inch so the engine mount would clear it. Still not sure if this is the final soultion. I am thinking about removing the nuts and the doubler as I am not using the fuel pump this is intended for.

Last edited:
-9a's have the same issue

I removed the platenut, ceated a 1/8" alum plate with the hex head formed in it, ised the platenut holes to secure the plate to the fw. Rick 90432

Fuel pump bolt

If you look on Drawing 36A (Section 2A) you will see were it calls for you to "trim bolt and the platenut as req'd to eliminate interference with the motor mount". I had the same issue with mine.

Last edited:
Back