What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pressure

Paris12Man

Well Known Member
Hello, this week I added 3 gals of gas to my tank (first time) and was happy :D to see no leaks yet... However, when I powered up, the fuel pressure only read 1.3 to 1.5 (middle of the yellow arc). The power of the battery was only 11.5 volts, and the amps were at the bottom of the green arc. I tried cycling the shut-off valve, but didn't seem to help the low pressure reading. :(

Question...........
At this stage, should I be concerned or not worry about it at this time. I'm hoping to run the engine for the first time next week and maybe this will help. Your thoughts or recommendations? :confused:
Thanks,

Poor quality sending unit

The fuel pressure sensor is not very accurate. I heard that it is rated to measure from 1 to 100 psi. A sender designed to measure from 1 to 5 psi would be better suited for our application. The problem is that an accurate sensor costs a few hundred dollars. One could measure the pressure with a mechanical type gauge to verify the accuracy of the sensor.
Joe

Steve - remember that the fuel is just being circulated back to the tank. The pump will not build up a whole lot of pressure because there is nothing to restrict the flow sufficiently. This sounds pretty normal. John

Steve, You might contact Dynon on this issue. They can give you an easy ohmmeter test to determine whether your sensor is correct. Mine was reading like yours and they sent a replacement. I asked them if it was true their sensor read up to 100 lbs. They gave a top figure much lower, can't remember what it was.

Jim in South Texas
grounded for fuel pressure testing

Back