What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pressure diode

texdog

Well Known Member
Fuel pressure is all over the place. Where does the diode go to fix this problem? Carburetor 0-360

Never heard of a diode used that way------but surely could be.

Some folks put a restriction orifice in the line leading to the pressure transducer to smooth out swings in the readings.

I think there’s a resistor that comes with some sensors, but you are going to have to post more details.. what engine monitor system, what sensor.. ect.. are you confusing the resistor but calling it a diode?

Fuel pressure is all over the place. Where does the diode go to fix this problem? Carburetor 0-360
There are 2 DB25 connectors on EIS4000. One has all cht egt from engine. The other all other connection. pin 25 is the 4.5 volts used by various things, you for fuel pressure. Grab voltage there for fuel pressure + terminal, BUT PUT PROPER Resistor in line eg. Pin25-wire-diod-wire -terminal of fuel press sender. Good luck

There are 2 DB25 connectors on EIS4000. One has all cht egt from engine. The other all other connection. pin 25 is the 4.5 volts used by various things, you for fuel pressure. Grab voltage there for fuel pressure + terminal, BUT PUT PROPER Resistor in line eg. Pin25-wire-diod-wire -terminal of fuel press sender. Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_0730.png
    IMG_0730.png
    704.5 KB · Views: 64
Fred -

Check the wires/termination on the fuel pressure sender. As I recall, that's a single wire VDO unit. It may be failing. Do you have a spare? Try and swap that one out.

Cheers!

Brian

Have you ever considered that maybe you actually have problem with the FP?
I suggest you fix it before you fly anymore, fuel pressure is pretty important.
Maybe it's indication, or maybe it's not!
(never heard of a "fuel pressure diode", that's a new one for me!)

I just finished condition inspection. We replaced the VDO fuel pressure sending unit and changed the wires to the unit from spade connectors to ring connectors. We traced all the wires and made sure they were connected to the correct pins. We decided that there was vibration that caused the erratic fuel pressure readings. After 3 flights the pressure is rock solid and slightly higher when the electric pump is turned on. Thanks for everyones help.

Back