What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel line routing

brister

Well Known Member
I'm installing the fuel line from the pump to the fire wall in a fuel injected system. I have been told not to use the gascolator and Im looking for dimensions for the fuel line penetration in the fire wall. Could someone help with pictures and measurments.

When you order your FWF kit you'll have the details you're looking for. The drawings show standard firewall penetration locations for stuff like that (plus control cables, contactors, battery box, heat muff, etc.).

Sorry I'm not giving you the exact answer, but I recommend waiting until you've got your firewall planned out a little more before poking holes. It shouldn't be a big deal imho to leave that one short fuel line run undone in the meantime...

Dan,

Since they don't make a FWF kit for us orphans (-4 builders) where the heck do I get such a diagram? :confused:

szicree said:
Dan,

Since they don't make a FWF kit for us orphans (-4 builders) where the heck do I get such a diagram? :confused:
Ah, right, you guys who had to mine the ore...probably best to copy another setup on a respectable RV-4 that has some time on it. You could swing over to Chino one of these days and talk to Wingnut (Brad Peacock, RV-4). Jerry Scott is also at CNO and he has more exposure to the "old" RVs than just about anybody else in the region...

Why No Gascolator?

I was told that the standard gascolator could not handle the pressure, but there are more expensive ones such as Andair that can. I have one. I have never heard any reason not to have one. Yet.

hevansrv7a said:
I was told that the standard gascolator could not handle the pressure, but there are more expensive ones such as Andair that can. I have one. I have never heard any reason not to have one. Yet.
If you like increasing the possibility of vapor lock, go for it! It's a pressure drop on the suction side of the engine-driven fuel pump.

AFP inline filter or a gascolator

If you like increasing the possibility of vapor lock, go for it! It's a pressure drop on the suction side of the engine-driven fuel pump.

I am wondering about the AFP inline fuel filter. Cleaning it annualy without spilling and stinking up the cockpit and the lack of water seperation. I am thinking about plumming it out of the system and installing a gascolator on the firewall which solves both problems. Any thoughts?

Back