What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel line measurements

Bob Brown

Well Known Member
I'm having Brett at Bonaco make me up some braided teflon fuel lines for the RV-10 that go from the bulkhead fitting out to the wing. Brett said he has made flex lines that go from the fuel valve to the tank (and he has those measurements), but I chose to run aluminum tubing from the Andair fuel valve to the bulkhead fitting (on the tunnel wall) and am only looking to run a flex line from the bulkhead fitting out to the tank. Does anyone have a good measurement for that distance?

bumper

I'll bump this out there once again. Surely someone can give me a measurment between the fitting on the RV-10 wing and the bulkhead fitting at the tunnel, adjacent to the brake fitting. Thanks in advance!

Bob,

I can get you the measurment. I'll be at the hangar this afternoon by 4 PM. I used a 45 degree fitting at the tank to relieve the bend in the hose. Do you want the distance from flush with the tunnel to the tank outlet? Give me some guidelines and maybe we can talk on the phone as I measure it for you.

Thanks!

I measured my neighbor's at 28 1/4" from the bulkhead fitting on the tunnel, to the fitting at the tank. Feel free to confirm or change that. I already gave that measurement to Brett at Bonaco, but I didn't order them yet, I had planned on doing that today. I considered having him put a 45 on one end and a straight at the other...I haven't yet ordered them, do you think I'd be happier with that 45 on the end of the hose that connects to the tank fitting?

Mine are 30". I used the 45 fitting on the tank itself and kept the lines with straight fittings. This allowed the line to bend at a 45 degree angle from the fuselage side instead of making it in an "S" shape to go straight to the tank. I also tapped in my purge valve at the same point the fuel lines connects to the tank on the right side.

Back