What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel line length from fuselage

A5555

Well Known Member
After reading posts that 2.5 and 2.625 inches were dimensions for the fuel line length from the fuselage to flared cut end I cut to 2.9 inches to have a look. It seems they were right. I'm about 0.4 inches too long.

100_5606.jpg

100_5604.jpg

Well ...

I probably don't understand the requirement you are trying to satisfy there. That's certainly better than being too short. Actually, don't you think a service loop is a good idea in such an interface. I have individual, lines coming in from 4 tanks with generous service loops in all 4 lines. Over 900 flight hours so far and no problems from service or operational standpoints.

Bob Axsom

The good news is, both the fuel line and vent allow some inward/outward push-pull to make final connections. :D

tubing is 5052

the alum tubing is 5052 and stiff with very little play at the end. I suppose this is the downside of using 5052. when I calculated the cut I arrived at a measurement less than 2.5 inch. if I had cut less than 2.5 I would have needed to replace the tube. I appreciate the heads up from other builders for the measurement and thought I would pass mine along with a picture of a 2.9 inch fuel tube cut measured from the side of the fuselage.

Back