What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel line layout

DWC7A

This is my first time to post a picture.

I am building an IO375 with the Eagle EMS. I just received my fuel lines from Tom Swearengen last week and they are great and exactly a ordered. I installed them and asking for comments. They are larger than normal because they use a PWM injector at each cylinder with a -4 fitting. This system used a solid state ignition and solid state injection system.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwc-rv7a/7714210160/

Dennis Conner
Tomball Texas
RV7A running wire and hoses firewall forward

On advice in a thread somewhere, from our Genuine Aircraft Hardware guru, I used high-temp Adel clamps on the engine stuff (except those that came from Lycoming already installed). I think the suffix is WCJ (?), e.g., MS21919-WCJ12...

High temp adel clamps

On advice in a thread somewhere, from our Genuine Aircraft Hardware guru, I used high-temp Adel clamps on the engine stuff (except those that came from Lycoming already installed). I think the suffix is WCJ (?), e.g., MS21919-WCJ12..

Thanks for the info Steve. I was unaware those were available. I will start hunting for them now.

Dennis Conner
Tomball Texas
RV7A hoses and wiring firewall forward

This is my first time to post a picture.

I am building an IO375 with the Eagle EMS. I just received my fuel lines from Tom Swearengen last week and they are great and exactly a ordered. I installed them and asking for comments. They are larger than normal because they use a PWM injector at each cylinder with a -4 fitting. This system used a solid state ignition and solid state injection system.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwc-rv7a/7714210160/

Dennis Conner
Tomball Texas
RV7A running wire and hoses firewall forward

Dennis, I'm also planning on an IO375/Eagle EMS setup. Does this require a return fuel line to the wing tanks?

Thanks,
Russ

return line

Grayforge - Eagle EMS does not require a return line. Did I put one any way yes.
There is a lot of debate about this, some systems need it and some do not so when I was building my tanks I put a return line and plumbing in so it would give me options down the road.

Dennis Conner

Grayforge - Eagle EMS does not require a return line. Did I put one any way yes.
There is a lot of debate about this, some systems need it and some do not so when I was building my tanks I put a return line and plumbing in so it would give me options down the road.

Dennis Conner

Did you put returns in both tanks, or just one?

fuel line placement / return lines

Miles, I did put a return line in both tanks, I used an Andair valve that is a double stack, that way it is returning to the same tank it is drawing from. Plumbing is a nightmare and I threw away tubing in the learning process. I wish there was a better way to run the fuel lines than through the gear leg supports. I ended up with more fittings than I like in the cockpit.

Dennis
RV7A running hoses and wiring firewall forward.