What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Line Bending - 1/4" return

bhassel

Well Known Member
Chapter 28 -06 step 2 and on....

I was surprised when I started bending the return line that when you bend it the radius of the bend is smaller than the plans show. Is that normal? It almost looks like the radius in the plans for the 1/4" line is the same radius as the 3/8" line.

Did I goof somewhere?

Bob

Bob... I used a tube bending tool from Imperial so the radius of a 90 degree bend is determined by the tool and the size of the tubing. So the radius for the return line 90 degree bend is smaller than the radius for the send fuel line 90 degree bend using this tool.

Jeff

That's what I found as well but the smaller radius wasn't reflected in the plans, of at least it didn't look like it to me.

Bob

I suspect the radius will depend on what brand of tool you use. I just figured out what radius my tool formed and figured my lengths from there.

Jim

Different benders have a different radius. The inexpensive ones from auto shops are generally larger that what we normally would use.
Good hand benders are from Imperial sourced from ACS and others. The "triple header" versions are good if you are bending aluminum. I have several of the single sized benders (some I've modified :eek:) for 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2, that can bend most any radius you want, even with stainless.
Tom

Back