What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Level Sensor Cal.

DaveO

Well Known Member
In the calibration of the fuel tanks, I found that my left tank sensor appears to not be working.
How does one troubleshoot this problem?
I have a Dynon Skyview. I believe I have resistive tank sensors.
Thanks
Dave

Put an ohm meter on the screw in the center of the tank cap. At empty it should read about 240 ohms. Full is about 30 ohms. If it is not moving, the float may be stuck.

I just went through this last weekend. I had prosealed the cap on, so I was worried about taking it off. No problem. Left the wing and tank on the plane. Emptied the fuel out of the tank and let it air out for a week. Then I used a heat gun to really warm up the proseal. Once it was good and hot, I was able to turn out the screws. To remove the cap, I inserted a paint scrapper, and gently tapped with a hammer. My float had gotten stuck in crooked position. Realigned with the tank and now it works fine. I installed the floats years ago, and the wings had been lifted moved and rotated around in the process. Once the wings made it on the plane, the float had moved and gotten stuck in the corner of the tank.

Pete,
The story of your wings and the float getting stuck is identical to my story so it probably is stuck. I will follow your lead and see if mine is as yours.
Thanks for the help,
Dave

Back