What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Injector Install?

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I have a factory new YIO-540 and it came with the fuel injector in a box. It is the standard Precision Airmotive EX-5VA1 injector. But there are no instructions on the lycoming site or in the engine book on how to do the installation of these. Anyone find a source for this?

I looked on the Precision Airmotive site and found what they call the Installation document for the injector - http://precisionairmotive.com/Publications/25-020_a.pdf, but it doesn't actually cover installing it on the engine, just the installation specifications.

Coat the threads with nickel anti-seize. Deep well socket that won't nick the seat on top. I THINK 75 inch-pounds, but you better confirm that. If you need to install the tubes from the manifold valve get a GOOD picture of the proper adel clamping and tube bends. Failed injector tubes are bad.

Just bolt it up. I would definately flush the fuel supply hose and the entire fuel supply system before I put fuel through the fuel servo. And then, I would flush the hose before I put fuel to the spider.

Last edited:
I seem to recall finding generic instructions in the Lycoming manual.
Don't forget the gasket.
If you are using the Van's part (in FW forward kit) to hold the control cables it goes on first, and now you need 2 gaskets.

Bob

Mark,
I assume you have drained all of the oil preservative. If not, you will want to remove the servo prior to draining the oil. Refer to the LYCOMING doc service instruction 1472. It should have been in the container with your engine. Also include with the engine are the nuts and lock washers to mount the servo.

Back