What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel inj interferance w/ lower cowl

andrew phillips

Well Known Member
7A with smooth cowl, superior IO-360 w/ forward facing sump and Airflow performace inj. The fuel controller assembly is hitting the lower cowl. Anyone run into this and what did you do?

Not suprised

I have a Sam James cowl and the FM 200 controller and it was VERY tight.

Dan Checkoway has the setup you do so I would go have a look at his site and his ram air induction system.

Frank 7a

I don't recall if my FM-200 servo hit the cowl or not. I don't think it did...but the alternate air duct (my ram air setup) definitely did.

which sump?

you don't mention if you have the Superior composite sump or an aluminum sump forward facing sump ala Aero or similar. I couldn't find a way to make the AFP FM200 controller fit with the composite sump on my -A. Between the crossover exhaust that fits the composite sump and the tubes from the engine mount on the -A...it wasn't going to happen without cutting a hole in the cowl...which I did, but then repaired it after deciding to use the bendix style servo instead of the AFP. I now have an Aero aluminum sump (with a different exhaust system) and it all fits fine. I believe the AFP setup will work with an Aero sump...but it IS tight.

Back