What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Delivery Issues

morsesc

So... I purchased and installed the Kavlico fuel pressure sender and put a 330uf capacitor between the green (sensor) wire and the black (ground) wire. I have updated the Dynon d180 firmware to version 5.4.3. Fuel pressures in the green and very solid. Everything was doing great until I replaced the older style fuel pump with the newer style one. Now I am getting "high fuel pressure" alarms and the fuel pressure is fluctuating throughout the yellow. Thinking that this was a fuel pump problem, I replaced it with another new style one. This one is doing the same... Still getting high fuel pressure alarms. I could put the older style pump back in but it is a borrowed one. Any ideas?

Rick

Last edited:
I decided to take her for a spin around town. I received one high pressure warning during taxi out but after take off, fuel pressure stabilized at 4.5psi. Flew for 30 min or so with no problems. Then received a couple of warnings when I pulled power for landing. Maybe it just takes some break in time. I have heard the newer pumps deliver higher pressure than the older style.

Rick.

Back