What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Cap O-Rings

Capflyer

Well Known Member
My RV4 has the older fuel caps with the black o-rings and they need replacing. I asked builder support at vans and was surprised that they could not tell me what size they are so I could order them from another source since they don't carry them. Surprised to find out that they do not know!

I guess I could remove the existing ones and measure them but hoping that one of you has the size handy.

We have the Good Ones!

My RV4 has the older fuel caps with the black o-rings and they need replacing. I asked builder support at vans and was surprised that they could not tell me what size they are so I could order them from another source since they don't carry them. Surprised to find out that they do not know!

I guess I could remove the existing ones and measure them but hoping that one of you has the size handy.

At Jim Ayres (Less Drag) request GAHco put the M25988/3-225 Blue Rubber Fuel Resistant O-rings into Inventory. He needed them for the Rocket he is building. I assume that they are the same fuel caps.

Here is the purchase link http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/store.asp?alternate=M25988%2F3%2D225

I hope this helps, have a great Holler Day!

Spec #

If you know the ASTM spec for the current auto fuel, I can do some research!

Back