What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel and Purge Line, Firewall Penetratons

Mark L

I have a TMX-IO360 engine with an Air Flow Performance fuel injector. This injector requires a fuel line as well as a purge line (vapor return line) to penetrate the firewall; this purge return will be connected to one of the tank feed lines before the selector valve or may purge directly back into a fuel tank. Typically, the firewall penetration for the fuel line occurs somewhere close to the location of the starter contactor. My first thought is to put a purge line hole right next to where the main fuel line comes through the firewall. I also will be using a throttle quadrant which also penetrates the firewall in proximity to the fuel line penetrations, using a eyeball fitting (the 6 mounting hole type). This all requires a lot of penetrations, AL lines, and cable congested in a small area. The fuel line pass throughs will also need to locate within the lower portions of the heater cover on the interior side. I have considered moving the throttle cable location down and to the right, placing it between the 2 fuel lines. I do not have the engine mounted and wonder how much I can move the throttle cable without complicating a clear run under the engine when mounted. I was hoping someone else has a similar set up with some images.

Mount your engine first. It is not that hard to make the penetrations later and get them all exactly where you want them.

Back