What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FTW trip review

tmillican

I want to sing the praises of Texas Jet FBO at Fort Worth Meacham (KFTW). They are ranked #1 FBO in the US for 2009 and 2010, and based on my experience this week, I would certainly agree.

Thanks to Jay Pratt who offered space in his hangar. I ended up choosing Meacham for proximity to my class which allowed me to just wake up early on Monday instead of coming the night before.

The Texas Jet folks were superb. On the phone, I explained that I would be in town for about 36 hours, and asked them the easiest way to get to and from my destination. They said, "oh, you can take a crew car." I thought they had misunderstood me, so I again explained that I wouldn't have a way to bring it back soon enough. She said, "no, that's OK. If it had been a problem I woundn't have offered it."

They charged $30 for a night in the hangar. Since they were saving me two-days' charge for a rental car, I could not bring myself to print out the 25-cent/gal coupon on their website.

They thanked me for my fuel purchase on check out.

Back