What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FS: TN Home with airstrip & LARGE hangar

ratherfly

Always trying to play to a new crowd, I got to thinking. Who would be interested (besides every day Cessna Pilots) in living in a home with it's own airstrip.

Dawned on me that someone who BUILD aircraft would love this place even more. HUGE 60X90 hangar, attached to a 3000 sf contemporary home.

One could tinker and work on their airplane at all hours.

If you are interested in learning more, I have built a website for my friends to showcase this property. It is, for sale by owner.

$539,000 for the home/hangar/airstrip that includes 21.15 acres of pristine pilot paradise. <---- say that fast three times

Anyway, enough talk for now. Please visit: http://tinyurl.com/ownyourdream

There you will find many photos and all the information you might require when thinking about living your dream.

Thanks for reading, and have a splendid day.

Tina

WOW.... you guys are busy here! Since I posted my message 135 people have visited the website. GREAT.

Tell me, what are your thoughts?

Thank you, Kirk. It is beautiful.

Timing is everything. I have two boys in college right now so there is nothing going on in my life for quite sometime now.

Blue Skies,

Tina

I don't mean to repeat myself but...

holy mackerel this is an active board! I have Google analytics on the website that I created and it is flooded with visits from this forum. It was a shot in the dark posting here, but I'm sure glad I did.

You beat, hands down, aopa, avweb, barnstormers... all the others combined.

A hearty thank you for all the visits.

It makes me feel great.

Blue Skies...

Tina

This property looks great. If I could only convince my wife to leave Southern California....

*I* wouldn't leave Southern California. <lol>

Isn't the weather always lovely there?

(Thanks for the reply, it's nice to talk with people.)

Wow! Nice Place!

Looks great. I grew up in georgia and always wanted a place like this. However, now I want that place to be located in Sunny Colorado. You see I realized that the Appalachians, while being a good substitute for mountains at the time, just don't hold a candle to the Rockies. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling though. You're right not to hire a realtor. I always say, "A conflict of interest is the start of a bad business relationship." Good luck.

Looks great. I grew up in georgia and always wanted a place like this. However, now I want that place to be located in Sunny Colorado. You see I realized that the Appalachians, while being a good substitute for mountains at the time, just don't hold a candle to the Rockies. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling though. You're right not to hire a realtor. I always say, "A conflict of interest is the start of a bad business relationship." Good luck.

Thank you, Mike. This property is so unique it will take a pilot to sell it to another pilot. Real estate agents are only in it for the money. Pilots like to see airstrips remain airstrips. They're not making more land, and regulations for new airstrips are becoming tighter and tighter. Even in rural Tennessee. Don't quote me on this, but I hear there is a prohibition on new runways in the county this home is located in.

One more shameless plug, I made a neat-o-keen flyer that helps advertise the place. If anyone is inclined to print it off and post it in lobbies of local FBO's that would be great.

Also a special little incentive from the owner...

$1000 cash if you refer a buyer that consummates the deal. That's right, if you know a friend or acquaintance that just might like a place like this, pass it along and tell 'em.... <your name here> sent ya!

http://longmeadow.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/3291623

Blue Skies...

Tina

Okay... you win... you're driving me insane!

Someone from Panama City, FL hit's my website every single day. Never says a word. Doesn't write, doesn't call... just each and every day there is a referral from vansairforce.net... from Panama City, FL.

Please. Send me a note. PLEASE? :)

Thank you very much. Please, carry on.

Best Regards,

Tina

Wow, that is my dream home! Very, very nice design and layout. I love the access to the hangar from the home.

I wish you luck with the sale! 10 more years in the Air Force for my hubby before we can consider our real home. :rolleyes:

If you have considered owning this lovely home with a private airstrip I have great and potentially valuable news! Take a look back at the website. http://tinyurl.com/ownyourdream In the left hand column you will see a selection called: ?Site Plan & Home located on Lot #4?. Click on that, and at the bottom you will see ?Home on Lot 4?.

That house is still on the market. But the interesting news is; it has been leased! It is generating $1,400.00 per month income. Sure, you might think that is great for us, but think outside the box. Maybe you are interested in your own private airport but the monthly payments are a bit outside of your comfort zone. Wouldn?t $1400 per month added income make it a little more manageable?

With mortgage rates at their lowest, the possibility of owner financing AND rental income shouldn?t you take another look at Longmeadow Farm Airport?

Not what you want to hear - but I would buy it in a shot, but stuck here in the UK. Here a 3 bedroom piece of junk next to the neighbours from **** costs the same as your lovely strip. If only it were possible to emigrate I would!

Wow - this site has censorship like the Arab Emirates!

I said H*ll (missing letter is an E) and the site turned it into ****.

No offence to religeons etc. But is that not a bit over the top? I wonder if it will censor the word evolution too?

Not what you want to hear - but I would buy it in a shot, but stuck here in the UK. Here a 3 bedroom piece of junk next to the neighbours from **** costs the same as your lovely strip. If only it were possible to emigrate I would!

Well, actually I *don't* mind hearing that. Maybe there is hope?

I don't think the property is over priced, it's just a little bit "unique." I live in Connecticut, and there is a new development nearby, one of those planned developments where all the tiny homes are smack dab next to each other, and they want $249,000 for each one. Not sure if the walls are lined with gold, but I tell you what, I'd pick this place in TN in a heartbeat over those places!

Oh well, one of these days with the time/money/inclination will stop by and buy. :)

Maybe we can't afford it......

Argh...

........what causes you to look but no talk?

http://tinyurl.com/ownyourdream

.....because of this obsessive hobby:) $20,000 a year payments on my -10...two college aged boys, a $1200 a month mortgage and on and on. Add in the uncertainty of the lousy political situation and a blurry future, most are probably just sitting on their money, if they have any to spare.

Best,

Well sure,

I certainly understand not being able to afford something, but the question that remains is...

why look? I could see taking a peek at one or two pages, just out of curiosity but page after page, time and time again? That's the part I'm not getting.

Like being on a diet, yet watching cooking shows all day. Pure torture. <lol>

Best,

Tina

Flying to TN

Well, it was my hope that I would be airborne now, on my way to visit my friends at Longmeadow Farm Airport but... the weather gods said "No." In fact, they have been saying no all week long. 40 knot headwinds made me reconsider my departure date.

I am now planning to fly down to Bell Buckle a week from Monday, on November 8th. I'll come back with new photos and answers to any questions.

Got any?

Best Regards,

Tina

Jeepers. One update to the forum and the website goes crazy with hits from here. (Thank you!)

One thing of note, the owners have added almost 12 acres to the original offering.

(They heeded my advice and have tossed in the two building lots to the home/hangar property making it 33+ acres for the same $499,000)

Great idea and great execution!

I started a similar project in 2008 - contemporary home with large hangar and a private airstrip. Buying an "already done" version would have been a lot easier ... then again, there is that "builder's instinct" that's so prevalent here on VAF :)

The TN farm/strip will definitely make some pilot happy!

Thank you for the kind words, Moose & Glen. It is a lovely home, I was just down visiting my friends last week. Very peaceful and more stars in the sky than I knew existed. A little warm for this New England gal, but I'll bet in January I wouldn't complain.

Must have explained earlier about my West German visitor. If not, it all started here with a visit to the website. (Google Analytics, cool tool! It shows me where visits come from, how often, and what pages they look at. UNFORTUNATELY, it won't tell me who they are.)

Well, my "white whale" then started visiting every single day. One page a day, usually. Sometimes he/she would stop, but then, like a bad penny, would be back again.

Yesterday the visitor looked a full 38 pages worth. Just wish to heck I could find out who it was, and why.....

then again, it gives me something to do, eh? :)

Have a pleasant day....

Tina

Tina, I'm guessing that you have some OCD issues. Have you considered therapy?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I checked it out just because. Why not? I'd like to see what the place looks like, even though I have no intention of moving to TN. It's too remote for my wife, if nothing else. I'd probably love it.

However, now that I see how much it bugs you, maybe I'll just stop by that site every day and peruse the pages, over and over, just for fun ... :D

Good luck selling the place. Looks like a pilot's paradise.

See Don, YOU won't bug me because when I see Elkhart, IN I will know it's you.

And if you visit the site every day, it's gonna be you with not only OCD, but too much time on your hands.

:)

Just keeping track of the other airports

I am on an airpark and just have to keep track of what else is out there. I like to visit foreign countries and TN looks like a long way away to to me here in Seattle:p

Now to Google maps to imagine what it could be like to give up sailing for horses or some other sport.

OCD

And if you visit the site every day, it's gonna be you with not only OCD, but too much time on your hands.

Dang, busted.

Besides, if you were REALLY OCD, you would've corrected me and pointed out that it should be called "CDO" -- so that the letters are arranged alphabetically. :D

You can send that beautiful hay over here to Texas... we need it BAD. :D

Tennesse home with private airstrip...

it's still for sale, Tone.

Haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you still interested?

Best,

Tina

Back