What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front Seat NACA vents

paul330

Well Known Member
I am on page 35-10, bonding the VENT SV-1 to the front fuselage. Trouble is, I can't find said vents in my parts box which is looking pretty empty at the moment. To be honest, I don't remember them being with the fuselage kit, although it was delivered a couple of years ago.

Are they part of the Finish Kit or do I need to spend hours rummaging through the workshop to find them?

Haven't got the finish kit yet - on order. I also saw that the very last page of the instructions shows a RV10 specific vent (VENT SV10) which I assume is the one that comes in the finish kit. I believe the stock eyeball fits directly to this. I want to fit the SteinAir vents under the panel so I think I am going to have to order the VENT SV1 and connect with a short length of scat.

That is what I did. The stock vent has the flange which would have to be romvoed. Its easier to order the new vents

Bill, it seems that the scat will have to be VERY short. Did you have any problem making the angles?

Thanks for the picture, Bob. I intend to fit a piece of angle and a plate under the switch panel and mount the vent, headset plugs and park brake cable in that.

Back