What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front or back rack installation

oren_rokach

Well Known Member
Hi,
I am designing my panel, and Garmin documentation instructs different panel cutoust for front or back instillation of the various devices (GMA245/GNC255a). slightly larger opening if installed from front.
I was posting a question directly on the electrical forum and directly to Garmin support, since I figured 99% are installing from same direction .
The answer i got from garmin is : "It really depend on the access to your panel, whether it is easier to install from the front or the back. Either way it will work, just pay attention to the front or back measurements. "

Can someone share his experience with RV10 panel? which is easier or recommended to do?

Thanks!

You will want to install it so the rack can be removed pulling it forward, from the front. So the outside dimension of the hole needs to allow the rack to slide through. The front lower lip of the rack should extend slightly or be flush with the bottom of the front panel.

depends on your panel approach. Mine are rear mounted. However, I have a rear rack sub-assembly that is held to fwd sub-panel bulkhead with two screws, allowing easy panel removal with the racks held to panel. It creates a cleaner look IMO.

Larry

Back