What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front deck jigsaw - slider

java

Well Known Member
Having trouble fitting the F-7108A rib (with the F-7108B angle riveted to it) into the slot in the subpanel (drawing 24). When trial fitting (before riveting on the angle), I figured out an easy way to maneuver it in, and thought to myself, "Gee, it'll be a bit of a pain to have to rivet the angle on with it hanging in this slot." Then I read the manual (usually a good thing... not thinking so this time).

The manual states something to the effect of 1) rivet on the angle, then 2) twist the subpanel to fit it into the slot. It even makes a cheeky comment about how it may seem tough, "But the guy who designed it swears it'll fit." So anyhow, I figured I might as well follow the manual. Now, after spending a half hour scraping the primer off my parts, it still isn't in the slot.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

I could tell it was going to be a pain to slide the rib through the subpanel with the angle riveted on, so I cheated and didn't rivet the angle to the rib until I was installing everything for the last time. If you have already riveted the angle to the rib I guess this doesn't help, but this is how I did it. If you find a way to get it put together the way the plans state, you're smarter than me! :)

good luck,
mcb

Back