What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Friday over The Flat Tops Wilderness Area

flyinmonque

Well Known Member
Tried to post these Sunday night as a slide show with no luck. Taken 10-2-09 on a blue sky day after a storm had passed. Snow level had dropped to 6200 ft. Forgot to check OAT at 14,500ft but as I came down to 12,00ft it was 22* at 11:00am local.

img7265rs.png

img7233rs.png

img7231rs.png

img7209rs.png

img7190rs.png

img7175rs.png

img7164rs.png

Didn't know where "Flap Top Wilderness Area" was but thanks to Google Maps I see that it is west of Denver.

Spectacular pics and thanks for posting. The world is a whole lot different from a few thousand feet than it is from 35000 ft. :eek::cool:

Great pics!

I have backpacked that area, looks a lot different from the air. Nice fall colors.

Hey, thanks for posting these pix. They're great. Having previously lived in Steamboat Springs, I recognized Hahn's Peak and Steamboat Lake right away. I didn't have my PP-ASEL ticket back then, but you just reminded me why I need to break the bounds of the greater Denver area and head out there for some high-level sight-seeing.

So where are you based? Anywhere near Steamboat? I'd love to check out your RV.. Which model are you flying?

Back