What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Free Art & Labor!

RumbaChad

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums, but I've had plenty of exposure to the RV world over the years. A couple of you know me already!

If you're looking at painting your RV, have an outlandish idea, want a piece of artwork featuring your airplane, need somebody to Photoshop out that ugly guy scratching himself in the background of that perfect picture; I'm happy to help! No money required, I'm happy to trade artwork for stick time, RV builder exposure, and maybe lunch. PM or Email if you want to chat!

Also, if you'd like some rookie builder assistance (strong back, weak mind) in the Portland area, I'm always free to help out.

For some work examples, please feel free to visit my portfolio.

Cheers everybody, I'm happy to quit lurking and become a part of the RV community!

-Burp

Hey Adam!

Hey Adam, welcome aboard! I just browsed your portfolio, you have a real talent there. But I knew that..... I've seen some of your work (one in particular) and am always very impressed, you will make a great addition to this group!

Jim Gray
N747JG RV-8

If you're looking at painting your RV, have an outlandish idea, want a piece of artwork featuring your airplane, . . .

Welcome, Adam. Beautiful portfolio! You're quite the talent.

I'm not directly associated in any way with the RV-1 project, but last week, Ernie Butcher put out a call for artwork in this thread:

A Blank Slate ? A Clean Canvas ? and A Great Recipe

It occurred to me this morning that we have a great recipe and quality ingredients to make a full color event poster that honors Van, the history of RV-1, highlights the RV-1 Summer Tour, the arrival of the RV-1 into AirVenture-2012 and its entry into the EAA Museum, and provides an opportunity recognize supporting vendors and a glimpse into the future works of Friends of the RV-1. Problem is- I?m not a chef. If it?s going to be, we?ll need professional assistance.

Speaking only for myself, I would love to see a few treatments from you of this important icon of RV history, and I bet you'd be a real hero if you added yourself to the many RV-1 volunteers.

--
Stephen

Thanks for the overwhelming response everybody. I've already got my work cut out for me, I see!

Last edited:
Adam welcome! Impressive portfolio!

How about a sticker on the nose? Can you do that? I have a file. Any time you are in Big Apple welcome for RV ride. It will last till you say "enough" :D We have some things to see from the air.

Back