What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Forward canopy deck/IP

gmkonrad

Well Known Member
My instrument panel has 1/4 inch gaps to the sides of the forward canopy decks. Everthing else clecoes together just fine. Do I replace the forward canopy decks, or just build on and live with the gaps ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The flush vents are from a Pontiac Solstice. The 2 louvers pivot open together, will rotate 360 degrees, and there is a sealing flap in the back, so they don't leak air when closed. They will also go inside the Van's hose adapter that comes in the vent kit.
Any thoughts on my dilemma ?

I'm not sure what good replacing the canopy decks would do. I don't think they're the problem. Perhaps the longerons were bent just a tad off there so you're just a bit wide. I THINK there's a bracket made out of angle that sits on the vertical part of the deck. If that's flush up against the backside of the instrument panel, isn't that going to "cover" the gap from the backside?

The only problem will be that given the gap, it might be tough to get the hole for the screw/bolt not to exceed the edge distance on the bracket, but you can always use a bigger piece of angle there.

I don't see the big deal here although I admit, thoughts of a Lindy never enter my mind.

Back