What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

For Sale: RV-4, $70K, Dayton Ohio

Benjamj

I bought this RV-4 from a good friend when I was stationed in Texas. He PCS'd about a year before me. I've put some time and money into it, intending to fly and enjoy it as I was completing my RV-7 build. Other priorities including my 2 kids, spouse, job, house, and 2 planes I have shared interest in have taken precedent, so I've not flown this plane nearly as much in the last year as I believe I should have. EDIT: plane is currently in-annual. I was absolutely certain it was due in May, but logbook shows last inspection was 7/15/23. Got some wires crossed.

Model RV-4
Built by Emmett Smith, finished in 1994. Friends of his are still around -- one met me at Airventure last year.
Recently replaced/updated panel to Glass VFR setup, but provisioned for easy upgrade to IFR if desired

Engine is 160hp O-320, with fixed-pitch Metal Sensenich prop. I'm getting Van's advertised performance details and specifications quite accurately.

TTAF ~615, Engine TSMOH 1516, TSTOH ~615 (See attached logs)

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

Oregon Aero Foam Seats upholstered and placed in 2022
Bose LEMO connectors -- saves batteries on headset
Crow Cam-Lock harnesses
G3x System with engine monitoring
G5
GTR-200
GTX330 + ADSB-out via tailbeacon
AP provisioned-for and will include the servos with the sale.

Contact Info
- name: Keith Johnson
- voice: 864-982-6253 -- call or text, facetime if desired
- email: [email protected]
- Preferred hours to call: Any reasonable, I'm on Eastern time. Working standard USAF duty day 0730-1630, but will return VM or SMS if I miss you.

Attachments

• CamScanner 05-17-2024 10.25.pdf
    12.4 MB · Views: 116
  • CamScanner 05-17-2024 10.29.pdf
    13.5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I bought this RV-4 from a good friend when I was stationed in Texas. He PCS'd about a year before me. I've put some time and money into it, intending to fly and enjoy it as I was completing my RV-7 build. Other priorities including my 2 kids, spouse, job, house, and 2 planes I have shared interest in have taken precedent, so I've not flown this plane nearly as much in the last year as I believe I should have. EDIT: plane is currently in-annual. I was absolutely certain it was due in May, but logbook shows last inspection was 7/15/23. Got some wires crossed.

Model RV-4
Built by Emmett Smith, finished in 1994. Friends of his are still around -- one met me at Airventure last year.
Recently replaced/updated panel to Glass VFR setup, but provisioned for easy upgrade to IFR if desired

Engine is 160hp O-320, with fixed-pitch Metal Sensenich prop. I'm getting Van's advertised performance details and specifications quite accurately.

TTAF ~615, Engine TSMOH 1516, TSTOH ~615 (See attached logs)

View attachment 63012

View attachment 63013

View attachment 63014

Oregon Aero Foam Seats upholstered and placed in 2022
Bose LEMO connectors -- saves batteries on headset
Crow Cam-Lock harnesses
G3x System with engine monitoring
G5
GTR-200
GTX330 + ADSB-out via tailbeacon
AP provisioned-for and will include the servos with the sale.

Contact Info
- name: Keith Johnson
- voice: 864-982-6253 -- call or text, facetime if desired
- email: [email protected]
- Preferred hours to call: Any reasonable, I'm on Eastern time. Working standard USAF duty day 0730-1630, but will return VM or SMS if I miss you.
Hi Ben,
We were in contact a month or so ago. Did you sell the plane or is it still available?
Jim Chapman
Mebane, NC

Hi Ben,
We were in contact a month or so ago. Did you sell the plane or is it still available?
Jim Chapman
Mebane, NC
Jim,

It's still available. I am about to send the mags out for overhaul -- lost one on climbout a few days ago. Planning to have the annual performed same time. Will be a bit 'til it's flyable again between various other projects, airventure, etc. Happy to meet up and show it on the ground though, or send further info.

Keith

Jim,

It's still available. I am about to send the mags out for overhaul -- lost one on climbout a few days ago. Planning to have the annual performed same time. Will be a bit 'til it's flyable again between various other projects, airventure, etc. Happy to meet up and show it on the ground though, or send further info.

Keith
Thanks for the update. My wife and I have decided to buy a 6 or 6A. She likes the side-by-side configuration better. If anything changes, I'll let you know

Back