What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Followup to "Best RV friendly FBO @ Sarasota/Bradenton SRQ"

Brantel

Well Known Member
Longest CC to date for N159SB...

Left KMOR around 11:30 and was sitting in our friends house in Parrish by 5:00. This included a rest/fuel stop at KBHC (cheap gas!!!!) clear skys all the way except for major smoke in GA.

The birds down around SRQ are big as elephants!

Went to Disney Hollywood Studio's on Saturday. Great time there. The light show is amazing.

Saw the cold front was moving in sooner than the prior forecast so we took off at 8:00 this morning and stopped again at KBHC for gas (cheap fuel!!) made it back to KMOR around 12:15 and it started raining on us as we entered the pattern. The XM weather is a very usefull tool!! The Zaon helped a ton as well while flying in the class B down there. Very busy airspace!

Great trip!!! These things are magic carpets!!! I think the wife is sold!

Dolphin was a great FBO. 15 bucks a night tiedown for an RV.

Last edited:
Dolphin Aviation

I flew into SRQ for a BFR with my instructor who flies a lot around this area. We stopped for a grouper sandwich at a restaurant about 1/4 mile away (I can't remember the restaurant name). The folks were very nice at Dolphin but we were only there about an hour. Don't know about tie-down fees.

Bill Near

brantel, nice to hear you had a good trip using dolphin aviation. they have been around for a long time. any pics of the trip?

Yep, the wife got a few and some in flight footage on my daughters Flip. I will see if any of it is worth posting...

Averaged 180mph on this 1239 mile round trip with a fuel/rest stop both ways @ BHC (cheap fuel!). Not bad since I still have rough glass and no lower intersection fairings....

20axiz7.jpg

Looks like a nice trip.............. Out here, we fly a line like that without leaving the state.........:D

Back