What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

foam seal

olderthandirt

Well Known Member
Should I install the wing to fuslodge seal prior to painting fuslodge or install after painting?? If I install it after painting it will show black around wing root..is that the deal??

I have always waited. If your getting too much of a draft, just use some electrical tape at the root. Once it is painted, do a real nice job of installation and it will leave a nice trim line. I think Tony T. has some very good instructions somewhere on the forum for installation.

Wait til after paint. It will show about 1/4" above the wing skin, but looks fine. Some have used rubber "U" channel instead, but that requires affixing it to the wing skin with some sort of adhesive. I personally like the foam supplied with the kit. Our paint shop installed it after paint with no issues.

seal, after painting or before

thank you all for inpute...will wait till after painting...since I am doing painting myself I get to choose...also pay consequences...ha ...

Back