What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying With a Great Friend

bsacks05

Well Known Member
30 years ago I met Holger when I went on a student exchange trip to Germany. Because we had similar interests - music and chicks - we were matched up and I stayed with his family for a few weeks pursuing things that teenage boys do in Germany - music, chicks, and..ah..beer! When he came to the US the following year we continued the party, American style!

Over the years I have visited him a few times and he has visited me, the last time being 1991. Last month he came over with his wife and two daughters. They stayed in Georgia for a couple days and I took them all flying, one at a time, around the local area.

menholg_zpsb92ff5a1.jpg

menholg2_zps36327b51.jpg

After Georgia, they went to Orlando then on to Ft Myers where I flew down to meet up with them at the beach to continue the party :)

Holger and I have plans for when we both retire in about twenty years. He will come to the US where we will fly around the country with no agenda or timeline - just going where the sun is warm and the beer is cold. ;)

holgnmebeach_zps63cf3958.jpg

Last edited:
Back