What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying the Santa Fe Trail - Southwest

flybill7

Well Known Member
It took me awhile, but I finally finished writing up my trip in late June from Maryland to the Southwest, via the Santa Fe trail, then up the California coast to Sacramento, and finally back to Maryland. The weather gods smiled upon me, the RV ran great, and I saw some awesome scenery. Check out my web log:
Link

Great report and pics, as usual!

Man, you guys keep doing these long trips all over the country, posting the pics and making me jealous. I wanna do stuff like this but my stupid job just keeps getting in the way, waaahhh.

WOW!! I recognize some of those spots from my own trip. I wish I would have had more time to fly the California coast. Great write up!

Thank you

Bill,

Thank you very much. That is a great photo journey.

I do have a couple of small local nits of course. I'm not sure what constitutes a "major museum" and the ones you mentioned in Santa Fe are good museums, but the museum I go to Santa Fe for is the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. Of course that just may be because she is my favorite artist and I likes to get me some Georgia O'Keeffe viewing in. I do consider it pretty major.

Now about the yucca. Yes it is our state flower and when I look at the base of the one in your photo it does look like some yucca variety. Those are really funky stalks though, and don't look like any yucca I have seen. I hereby offer a more representative photo (taken in December).

IMG_0505.jpg

It really does have a beautiful and unusual blossom.

Great idea to follow the Santa Fe Trail ruts. I intend to someday try to follow the Chaco Great North Road.

Back