What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying RV-10s in the northeast?

AdamB

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I have once again been thinking of getting started with a RV-10 build.
I live in southern NH and fly out of Lawrence, MA (KLWM).

Two weekends ago, I went to a friends house to do the toolbox project to start practicing my riveting skills. Last weekend, I visited a local EAA member who is currently building a -10.

I have reached out to Van's East Coast rep, and I have a tentative meeting to go see the demo model and take a flight at the end of the month.
I mostly wanted to get a feel for the interior space prior to making a decision.

Just curious to see how many -10's there might be flying or at least internally finished around my general area.

Is this the guy down in Maryland? Are you heading to MD, or is he flying up your way. If the latter, let me know. I just ordered my tail kit and would love to have another data point. I'm probably half way between you and him.

Charlie

Yes in MD. My wife and I are planning on flying down there.
We have some friends in Ocean City, so planning on catching up with them while
we're in the area.

Adam

If you are flying all the way to 2W6 to see Chip Lock, then do another 15 minutes and swing by Dogwood Airpark (VA42) to look over N7ZK.

Carl

Sorry, Carl we didn't really have extra time that day as we pushed on to Charlotte, NC right after meeting with Mitch to spend some time with some friends of ours.
Would have loved to see your plane.

Just came back to update this thread to say that I made the leap on Weds and ordered the emp kit. Looking forward to getting started.

Back