What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fly Q lifetime - new definition of lifetime subscription

flysrv10

Well Known Member
Just got an email from Seattle Avionics that my lifetime membership will expire soon (one year) unless I choose one of their options and start paying for the subscription.

It is unfortunate that they will no longer honor their commitment.

Below is a partial email I revived with my options:

1. All Lifetime customers can use the new FlyQ+ EFB 7.0 and later releases for 30 days.
  2. During that period, Lifetime customers can upgrade to an annual subscription with a one-time 25% discount to continue to enjoy FlyQ+ EFB 7.0 and all other future releases.
  3. In 30 days, Lifetime customers who do not move to a new annual subscription can download a forthcoming new FlyQ EFB Legacy 6.9.1 and use it for a year, after which it will be sunset. As the version number implies, FlyQ EFB Legacy is the same as FlyQ EFB 6.9.1 released in May 2024 and does not include the features or fixes in FlyQ+ EFB 7.0.

I got the same. I guess their definition of "lifetime" and mine differ.
Huge mistake on their part.
I intend to ask them at OSH why they are breaking the terms of the deal and why I would reward them for that. (assuming they have a booth this year)
I like the product for a few reasons. It is lagging the other EFB apps and has a few bugs, but nothing that would have caused me to jump ship until now.

I thought they were foolish to offer a lifetime subscription, but that was their decision. Honor it. And yes, I have copies of the purchase receipts saying "lifetime" as well as their welcome email and encouragements to tell all my friends about it. And a screenshot of the app page with a license expiration data of August 14, 2102.

Can you imagine if EAA cancelled all lifetime memberships?

I agree with your comments.

Let us know how your conversation goes. I will not be at Oshkosh to express my disappointment.

I intend to ask them at OSH why they are breaking the terms of the deal and why I would reward them for that.
Maybe like Van’s did, to stay in business?

Last edited:
Back