What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fluting HS ribs

magiccarpet

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all

I have recently started to build my -7 empennage and I have only arrived where the instructions says "Preparing the ribs". I deburred and marked all the ribs and now I am a bit confused about fluting. Since the location of the holes in the rib flanges are not yet known at this point, (the skin will decide where the holes will be) I don't want to flute the ribs by now.
Will fluting the ribs be done after the skin has been clecoed to the HS skeleton? (and removed again of course)
Or do I have to mark the approx. location of the holes on the ribs flanges first and then start fluting before clecoing the skin? Did I miss anything?
How did you do that?
Any hints or links on that are greatly appreciated. Thank you !

Hi Chris,
slide the ribs in place and mark them using the holes in the skin as a template, then flute between the marks.

Hi Chris,
slide the ribs in place and mark them using the holes in the skin as a template, then flute between the marks.

Hi Claudio

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. I would have proceed like this, but was not sure if that was the correct way to go,

Back