What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

flow divider connections (spider)

Josep ma

hI, what should connect to the red connector marked in the flow divider,,
Has anyone a mounted pictures of the servo and spider??
the engine is the XIO-360 M1B from vans,,

Thanks

engine01.jpg

pressure gage. If you are not going to use it, plug it.

Van's has the fuel pressure sensor coming off the attached pump output.

and another thing. I just looked at your website.
Prop governor: Mount the cable bracket and cable, and then adjust the arm for proper position before you mount the engine.
To adjust the arm, cut the lock wire, loosen the screws, DO NOT REMOVE THEM, and rotate the assymbly as required. tighten and re-lockwire.
If you wait till the engine is hung, you will have to remove the governor to make the adjustments (yup, I did this).

pressure gage. If you are not going to use it, plug it.

Van's has the fuel pressure sensor coming off the attached pump output.

Thaks again Alton,,, I have the VM1000C as a EMS and there is a fuel pressure sensor,, where is the best place to install??,, direct to the spider??,, or in the pump out??

regards,,

Van's has a different fitting coming off the attached fuel pump. Their FWF drawings show it coming from there. The FWF kit also sends you a different hose from the pump to the fuel servo. (90 degree fitting).
If I did it again, I would drop the Van's fuel hose. I plan on putting my fuel flow sensor between the attached pump and the fuel servo. I will need two custom hoses made up.

Note, in this picture, you can see where the prop governor arm ended up.

FP05062008A00018.jpg

The fitting off the flow divider with the red cap is metered fuel pressure, which is very low as compared to un-metered fuel pressure. The fuel pressure that is normally monitored is un-metered and is taken as Alton suggested. The only time metered fuel pressure is monitored is when a pressure type fuel flow gauge is used to indicate fuel flow.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Back