What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Floor pop rivet callout

bobmarkert

Well Known Member
I'm helping a buddy work on a newly acquired 16 year old RV4. I need to pull some of the floorboards. No plans available. Can anyone help with the callout for the correct pop-rivet to reinstall the floor?
Thank you

How about #8 screw and nuplates ? Makes it a lot easier next time ? Doing just that on my 6 in build just so I do not have to do what you have just done ... at some distant point in the future !! :)

For the RV-8 it's CS4-3. Vans is the only place to get them, but they are so cheap why would you look somewhere else?
When you need to get the floor up, drill them out and rivet it back in when you are done cleaning it out and installing new antennae etc.
You can put in the extra work, but Van probably got this part right. ;)

I suggest your buddy by a set of plans from Van's. I bought an RV-4 and got a set of plans from Van's and it was a very, very good $50 investment....

thanks

Thanks for the help. I have nut plates in my -8 but this is a quick job and we'll put the floors back down with pop's. I bet I can even find a leftover bag of rivets from my project. As for the plans, great suggestion, I'll let him know he can get them from vans even though he was not the builder

Back