What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flightline Interiors Pirep.

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
Last year I bought a complete interior from Abby at Flightline Interiors and only installed the seats at first. I had precut pieces for almost every thing in the cabin and baggage compartment. Almost everything gets attached with
3M-77 adhesive or velcro. I've never done any kind of upholstery and was dreading getting started. After the first piece I realized this is no big deal. The precut pieces are cut perfectly and fit great. I now have a beautiful interior and it only took about 5 or 6 hours. Thanks so much Abby!

I've been meaning to pass along my recent experiences with Abby. This looks like a good opportunity. I purchased a set of seats for my RV8A from Abby about three years ago. I finally started flying last June and the seats look and feel fantastic.

About a week ago I emailed Abby to ask about the colors on my seats. I was hoping there was some standard color or something I could tell a painter so they could match my interior color. As an aside I mentioned to Abby that I was already getting a wear spot on the cord that surrounds the seat. I wanted to know if it would be something I could get fixed or would I just have to wait and get the whole thing redone at some point. I really just thought I was being too rough on the seats (I am somewhat of a Bubba!).

Abby replies early the next morning and told me that the material I had purchased should wear like "iron" (her word). Apparently, a while back they discovered that one of the flame retardent processes/chemicals they were using was compromising the quality of the material. She said she would be making me a whole new set of seats and sending them to me. Once I get the new ones I can ship back the ones I have. They have been replacing these seats for a while and hoped they were done. But, they also figured that they still had a few outstanding.

Pretty awesome customer service! Great seats! Great price! Great service! What else can you ask for?

Back