What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlightDEK-D180 new firmware 5.5.0

DQC

I'm New Here
Dynon released new firmware for FlightDEK-D180, version 5.5.0, on 7/11/13. There is no mention whether one must wait for Van to issue a new locked settings EFIS file before updating, or use Van's 5.4.3 EFIS file, or update without the file. I have posted the question on Dynon's forum, and now here, hoping to get some clarity....

Last statement I believe answers your question - -

Software 5.5 Released for D10/D100 Products

As part of our continued support for our first generation of products, we've just released firmware version 5.5 for the Dynon EFIS-D10A, EMS-D10, EFIS-D100, EMS-D120, and FlightDEK-D180. Firmware for the EFIS-D6 and EFIS-D60 is unchanged and is not affected by this release. This update contains a few small but important fixes to autopilot behavior. See the download page for details.

The 5.5 version of the Dynon Support program, which includes the update, can be downloaded here.

RV-12 customers with D180/D100 products will need a Vans-provided update file that allows their products to upgrade to 5.5. Dynon is currently working with Vans to make those files available as soon as possible.

Pilot Report

After the latest firmware update has been applied to my D-180 the altitude hold is significantly improved on my RV8A.

Back