What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flew to John Tune to see a new baby born

jws_39

My wife and I flew from our home base of Roanoke, Va. to visit with Dan and Linda Masys at John Tune Airport just outside of Nashville TN. They are the proud builders of the my little hotrod RV-7a. We purchased it from them back in August of 2008. It was the first of 3 RVs that they have built themselfs over the last 11 years. Dan invited us for the first flight of there newest creation the RV-12. We flew over on superbowl sunday. Dan flew it for the first time on Sunday and it is awsome. He built it as the LSA. It sure is pretty and really looks like it big brother. While we were there we reunited the all of the Masys RVs for a couple of family portrats.
DSC00973.JPG

My RV-7a with Dan taxing up after his flight in the RV-12
DSC00974.JPG

DSC00976.JPG

The 12 is has a larger wing span.
DSC00997.JPG

All 3 birds starting from left to right. RV-7A is the first one that I own followed by the RV-10 in the middle and the lastest creation the RV12.
DSC00983.JPG

I got to fly the RV10. Really nice airplane. I will have to build one someday:D
DSC00984.JPG

DSC01006.JPG

DSC01007.JPG

Dan used Flightline for his interior. Really nice job!:D

Last edited:
Very cool to see the new 12 next to the 7. I've seen plenty of photos of both, but not together. You mentioned you flew in the -10, but did you fly in the 12 also? If so, I'd be curious what your impressions were of the difference in flight characteristics between the 12 and your 7. Thanks again for posting the photos.

The 12 vs the 7

I didn't get to fly the 12 because Dan was still flying off his phase 1 testing. He did say the 12 was very light on the sticks but still very positive with no bad tendencies. He said he felt it was just as quick if not quicker on stick movement as the 7.

I did get to fly the 10 and it felt quite a bit heaver on the stick than the 7. That was to be expected.

Back