What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

flew in a 9A today

mark manda

Well Known Member
what a nice flying airplane! does everything as well or maybe better than my 7A.

My Dad and I had sat down to admire our three day job of putting up (and taking down the old) a new hangar door on his hangar in Bakersfield. A 45 ft. one piece hydraullic (sp?) door called a Hydro Swing out of Minn. anyway--

We had the scanner on and we watched and listened as an experimental came in. While it was taxiing I called out asking where the 9A was from.

It was Cam from Tehachapi and he offered to take me up. I've never met him before. He was out enjoying flying after having no time to fly recently.

His plane gets up to speed in a heartbeat and it doesn't even feel like it. He let me take the controls and we were doing 154 kts. quick. Actually too quick- for having the power pulled back. And his plane isn't as loud as mine. And handling is very docile. Almost too easy-- that's why he's converting to a taildragger-- for more excitement. His plane's handling is very well balanced too. Dynon and two steam gauges-- nicely laid out panel in black glossy powder coat.

Getting a ride was just what i needed -- after three cold long days of working on the hangar and watching everyone else fly. I'm sore.

Cam's a great guy, heavily involved in motorsports, he just got a new home and has designed many of the Ford trucks that I have owned and driven so great conversation.

Put Cam on your "must get to know" list.

thanks for the ride Cam.

Hi Mark,
Keep us posted on how you like the Hydra Swing door. I am considering buying one myself. There is one in my area and the folks like it so far.

Thanks Mark

mark manda said:
Put Cam on your "must get to know" list.

thanks for the ride Cam.

Thanks Mark, It was good to meet you. You'll have to drop me a line the next time you have the 7 in Bakersfield.

Back