What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flaps.... Wrong Parts?

danielhv

Well Known Member
Ok, bare with me cause Im going to try to make this as confusing as possible. :D I've completed the LEFT flap. Everything was smooth. Just started the RIGHT flap, and immediately ran into problems...

On the plans, ALL of the flap ribs' webs' face OUTBOARD.

On the LEFT flap, all of the rib webs point outboard per the plans.

On the RIGHT flap, I am trying to do the same however, none of the holes are lining up. If I make the rib webs face INboard, the interior ribs line up with the bottom skin (haven't check top yet) but the outboard ribs do not. (Confused yet?) The outboard ribs will line up if I have their webs facing outboard as they are supposed to... am I missing something here?

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

-Daniel

Nevermind... I dont think it matters as long as everything goes together. There is no difference structural wise between the webs facing either direction. I'll build on. :)

Daniel

It's about three years since I built mine but going back over the plans, it looks like the internal 705 rib there is a note: "all flanges face LEFT on both the right and left flap assemblies" Dwg 14A.
The two outer ribs should be mirror images comparing the left and right flap. ie face outboard.

Hope that answers it.

Peter

Back