What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

flaps to wing

burgundyja

Well Known Member
does anyone see a problem with fully installing the wings before i install the flaps? also is there any other thing that could cause me to have to remove the wings? hs and vs are on. the fusalage is mostly done other than for the wirring, plumbing, panel, and the stuff around the gear/wing bolts.

Actually the sings SHOULD be installed before the flaps and ailerons. They're much easier to handle that way.

Removing the Wings

As for removing the wings, Most guys I have talked with including myself have had the wings on and off a couple times. Using hardware store bolts is a good idea until things are permanent.
After locating and drilling the F826 & F827 for the bottom wing attach I believe I remember having to demate for installing nut plates. Then there was the move to the airport.
So yes I would plan on a wing removal and if you are fortunate enough to get by without one, remove the temporary bolts and replace with proper hardware.

Randy Hooper

Back