What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flaperon slight curve in trailing edge

Gagarin737

Well Known Member
Today I finished both flaperons. Left flaperon had a perfect straight trailing edge, the right flaperon had a "curved" trailing edge. When I connect a string from tip to tip then I measure the curve as 3/16 in the middle. It's highly visible when you look along the trailing edge.
I guess I have no choice with all the prepunched holes.
Had anyone the same "problem"?
And anyone an idea how to correct this?

Joeri.

The flapperons were one of those parts you have to get a little rough with to get them to cleko togeather if I remember right. They should be straight as an arrow. I would get a hold of Van's. IMHO this is a problem.

Contact Van's tomorrow, thanks for the feedback. The fit was perfect at this flaperon so it's strange that I ended up with this.
One of those moments....And I'm even not building from plans, respect for those builders.

Lucky again....

9-11-2009 Measured the right flaperon again. The spar has a deflection of about 3/32 of an inch.
After placing the flaperon on the wing (and "forcing" it in the flaperon brackets) the flaperon is completely straight!

Back